We are seeking qualified individuals to serve as instructors for the Building Operator Certification program in Alabama.
Why Become an Instructor?
Minimum Requirements for BOC Instructors
Instructors must have teaching experience and technical expertise in the course topic area for which they apply. NEEC evaluates applications for both instruction and industry experience. The minimum criteria are:
- 3+ years of experience providing instruction to working professionals in the field(s) of commercial building energy management, facility management, building engineering, operations and maintenance, or a closely related field.
- 2+ years of employment in the field or industry related to the training topic(s) for which the applicant is seeking qualification (e.g., HVAC systems, electrical systems, indoor air quality, etc.).
- A bachelor’s degree. (Note: Work experience may be substituted for degree. One year of work experience in instruction or industry is equivalent to one year of college degree work.)
- Two or more references that may be contacted who have observed the applicant provide instruction.
- Familiarity with state and local codes and standards.
- Willingness to travel to locations where BOC is held.
Instructors receive competitive rates of compensation based on experience.
How to Become an Instructor or Coordinator
If you are interested in becoming a BOC Instructor, please contact us at email@example.com for an application.
All applications are reviewed and approved by the Northwest Energy Efficiency Council (NEEC) and only NEEC–approved instructors may teach the BOC program. Please reference NEEC’s Instructor Disclosure Policy.